Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

my dad was recently seen by a provider , which is neurology

my dad was recently seen by a provider , which is neurology to rule out dementia. alxhemiers any way he has not been able to sleep in weeks, he repetatively ask the same questions over and over and over, worried about bills, credit cards, thinks someone is taking them using them, he fears not being able to take care of himself as before and he easily feels he is about to be taken away to jail for no reason, he was sent to the er the other day to have an evaluation and they dx him with paranoia. He was seen by the neuro yesterday and nothing was not found as far as alzhemiers/ dementia. i need to find a psychiatrist for asap who deals with these issues keep in mind i had a birthday party for him sept 17th and he was fine at that time, carrying on, asking questions, joking and now here we are. Need help......
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

He does need to see a psychiatrist. These could be signs of paranoia or bi-polar. I don't know an adult psychiatrist that does not deal with these issues. No need to look for specialist, just get him in. I am also not sure dad may have had mini-strokes or even depression, so may get sent back to neuro for MRI.