Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field

I have been on setraline for 91 days 100mgs for depression

I have been on setraline for 91 days 100mg's for depression & GAD. I feel fatigued all day n night plus I sleep great but I sleep for 10 straight hours then wake up tired. Would the brand name zoloft work better, or should I switch to something else? Constantly feel like shit n zoloft is all that worked in past and it worked for about 4 years at 100mg's then stopped working 1 year ago. Please advise? Prozac, cymbalta terrible, effexor sleepy, pristiq headaches
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 4 years ago.
Hello there, thanks for asking JA. If the brand name Zolaft worked before please ask your doctor to prescrive it instead of the genetic. I have been working with a psychiatrist who believes that the brand names are XXXXX XXXXX the generic. I have also seen client's who do not respond to the generic. If you are having a nervous breakdown please go to your closest hospital and tell them what you told me. If you can wait until tomorrow please call your doctor and ask him to change your medication. It is the same chemical medication but one may be time released, or have a bit different chemical structure. You may also need to change your dose to a higher dose.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He gave me klonopin to take which I know sounds crazy but I'm afraid to take it. Last two days were worse than previous couple weeks. I'm wondering if it's just not working or is it causing my anxiety and darkness. Thank you for your advise. I was planning on trying to get off and taper down to 50mg since it doesn't seem to be working why would 150mg's be any better than 100mg?'s
I think Klonopin would work for anxiety. It will make you sleepy. If you are still depressed on 100mg of Zolaft you can go up to 150mg. Have you tried any type of therapy? Deep breathing exercises and yoga work well.