Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

i have ason of 46 years old he has had mental health problems

i have ason of 46 years old he has had mental health problems for over 20 years ,iam at my whits end s i can no longer live in my own home i am having to stay with friend i visit my home daily but i am so frightened icant stay i have to give him money and i buy his food i just do not know what to do he has been sean by mant doctors and they just pass him on to someone else,he used to have his own flat but they stopped all his benefits and was made homeless ,he came to my home 6wks ago and he is now making me homelless ionly have a small flat what should i do ?.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

You have to be strong and have him removed from home. I have had similar situations in UK and I understand it is difficult legally, but you have to do it. You need to inform police he is dangerous to you. I wish I knew more about your system, but ultimately, you must do whatever you have to to protect self and regain your home. This is hurting you and not helping him. He may need to be sectioned.