cathy
cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health

its me the one with the masterbating problem

Customer Question

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 2 years ago.

cathy :

Hi are you there?

cathy :

Hello are you there?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i have slow iternet pez b patent

Customer :

u r gone b 4 i read ur message

cathy :

Hi, you have to stay online to chat

cathy :

can you also not speak in text?

Customer :

hello

cathy :

are you there?

Customer :

yes

cathy :

Hi nice to see you

cathy :

are you finally here?

Customer :

yes

cathy :

good to see you and I have read your post

cathy :

what you describe is quite common actually

cathy :

I have treated many happily married people where one of the partners was addicted to masturbation and that had begun to cause problems for them

cathy :

ironically getting past it is not a do it yourself project you will need so see a counselor for help with this

Customer :

what is my next move

cathy :

call your local mental health clinic and ask to see a therapist there

cathy :

do not worry its all confidential and private

cathy :

so no one will know your business

cathy :

it should only take a handful of sessions to treat

Customer :

k i was hoping toget this from you

cathy :

yes dont worry its okay

cathy :

lots of people have this experience you will be okay

cathy :

just get some help and it will resolve

cathy :

you will be okay

cathy :

dont feel bad or guilty

cathy :

just do get some help before your marriage explodes

Customer :

dont know where to go i live in a small town

cathy :

do you live near a city or another small town?

cathy :

again no one will know your business there are privacy laws about this that are quite strict

cathy :

so not to worry on that part

Customer :

very small we dont have a mental facilty

cathy :

okay do you have a car?

cathy :

a way to go to the nearest city near you?

Customer :

k thanks

cathy :

or a hospital?

cathy :

hospitals usually have mental health services attached

cathy :

I wish this were easier but it really is the type of issue that needs professional help