Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field

My son is 10 years old, He is having lots of problems in school.

My son is 10 years old, He is having lots of problems in school. I don't know how I can help him. Maybe he needs to talk to a phychiatrist. Can you recoment childrens phychiatrist in north east philadelphia
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 4 years ago.

Hello there and thanks for asking JA. I would like to first ask what problems is your son having at school. I would also like to ask if your son has seen a therapist and the school psychologist. Do you have insurance?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My sons name isXXXXX is having problems paying attention, He has ADD and he is on med. Instead of paying attention in class he is playing with pensils or his fingers. Now he has discovered lying to us.

Hello there, I asked a co-worker who is a psychiatrist for a referral for you. I hope he is near you. I hope this is not the doctor you did not like. My coworker thinks he is a good doctor. Robertson B Tucker

Psychiatrist , MD

Suite 1700
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107

I would also like to say that a family therapist can help your son with this behavior. I work with children who have the same diagnosis as your son. A therapist can observe your son in the classroom and help him change his behavior. His school is supposed to provide behavioral help for him. Does your son has an IEP?