Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My son becomes agitated on medication and becomes likely to

Customer Question

My son becomes agitated on medication and becomes likely to make threats to harm on anti psychotics. Has this been recorded with other patients?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Yes. He needs closer follow up by MD. He may be on wrong medications.

JACUSTOMER-616vi7b0- :

Can this be verified in any way to provide proof as I note the web site has a disclaimer on the credentials of those replying to questions?

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

If you look at profile, you can see my credentials have been verified. My CA License Number is #9970 and can be found on Board of Psychology web site. I also use my real name, unlike others.

JACUSTOMER-616vi7b0- :

Thank you for answering, but I am looking for the answer to confirm it is the medication which causes this and currently it is unclear.

JACUSTOMER-616vi7b0- :

It is unclear in your answer.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Np problem. He needs an in person second opinion. Too complex for online.

JACUSTOMER-616vi7b0- :

From this answer I do not have an answer as to whether medication is recorded to make patients agitated and to become threatening. I am not happy my question has been answered.