Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

how would i get my son a perscription for a psyciatric service

Customer Question

how would i get my son a perscription for a psyciatric service dog for his anxiety and his ptsd?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

Thank you for this interesting question and I am sorry to hear about your sons problems.

Bill :

The best way to get a prescription is for your son to receive a letter from a psychiatrist stating that he has a mental disability i.e. PTSD that requires such assistance.

Bill :

Here is information outlining the criteria:

Bill :

In case you didn't know there is also an organization that provides in depth information about going through this process as relates to Psychiatric Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals.

Bill :

It is very important to educate yourself about this and you should find answers to every question at the following site:

Bill :

Should you have additional questions of me, feel free to respond and I will be happy to reply.

Bill :

Otherwise, I wish you the and your son the very best.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Bill :

Thanks

Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
As you were off line- I have responded above. Feel free to reply as needed.

Best, Bill