Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

Hi,is their any non medicine treatment(pills) for schizo,I

Hi,is their any non medicine treatment(pills) for schizo,I am fed up with the medication due to its side effects.I am 100% cured but my doctor says you must continue taking the med for life as maintenance dose 15mg ablify.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. If you were diagnosed with schizophrenia and feel better on the medication, then, of course, the medication has helped but one NEVER can be better without medication for schizophrenia. Medication is mandatory. Perhaps you don't like the side effects of the Abilify. There are many other anti-psychotic medications. Speak to your psychiatrist about the different possibilities that exist.

But also please read the links I am sending you.

Elyn Saks JD --- has schizophrenia and is a law professor. It is inspiring.

Read this article

Whereas, medication is a must, psychoanalysis changed Elyn Saks' life --- with the medication, of course.

I'll pause here and await your response to see if there is anything you would like to add to this chat.If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your questions, please click on ACCEPT and leave feedback. Bonuses are always appreciated. You can always ask more questions after you have clicked on Accept. Just put Dr. Shirley Schaye before your response and I will be the one to respond.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but doctor Shirley ,,their is no case that exsisit that the patient stop the medication of shizo their must be another solution for this ,,do I must live with this meds for life.
I entered the field of Mental Health in 1962. I have 17 years of degrees and diplomas in mental health post my Bachelor's degree. I worked in many top teaching hospitals ---- No, one Must take medication for life. That doesn't mean that therapy doesn't help. As you can see from the links that I have sent you about Elyn Saks --- she still takes medication AND she was in therapy.

As I said before, you may want to switch from Abilify to another antipsychotic.
I should ask you a question that I didn't before --- Was it a psychiatrist who diagnosed you and medicated you? If not, you should ONLY be diagnosed and medicated by a psychiatrist. Now if schizophrenia is the correct diagnosis then medication is for life. That doesn't mean that it has to be Abilify --- there are other anti-psychotics available. If schizophrenia was the wrong diagnosis, that's a whole other story.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes a doctor dignosed me acctuly 3 doctors any way thank you so much
Please do read the link on Elyn Saks. It is so inspiring.
Do see about switching to a different medication if you don't like the side effects of Abilify. I wish you the very best of luck.