MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

I thought I was taking Celexa 30 mg but I just found out that

Customer Question

I thought I was taking Celexa 30 mg but I just found out that for the past six months I have been taking 60 mg daily of Celexa. I thought I had 20 mg tablets and I would take one and a half, but I have in fact had 40 mg tablets and have been taking one and a half and that equals 60mg. so for six months that is what I have been taking. So Im a bit freaked out now. Though I have never had any side effects from the 60 mg verses the 30mg, I have felt the same on both. Great actually. I will drop down to 40 mg then to 30mg. That is what I will do. But I feel great on both doses, no diffrence at all.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
What you are suggesting is treasonable, but you should discuss it with your physician in case you do have any issues with the medication decrease..