Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

Hi,I was diagnosed 10 years ago with schizo and i was cured,but

Customer Question

Hi,I was diagnosed 10 years ago with schizo and i was cured,but my doctor insist to put me on dose of 15 mg of abilfy for life,and every time i stop the medication i get bad and the symptoms return back so is their a way to stop this medicine because my life is stand still since i took it when I stop i become productive and work and live a happy life then after 5 month the symptom return again and I am in this loop for a log time ,so doctor is their any solution for this.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
Do you have schizophrenia based on your doctor's assessment?
Are you currently working with a psychologist for weekly psychological counseling?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes,based on doctor assesment and i see my doctor once a year my case is good but i hate this medication due to its side effects
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi,way it takes a longtime
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.

You may need to work with a psychologist specializing schizophrenia WEEKLY for psychological counseling.

In general, treatment for schizophrenia includes medication and psychotherapy.

Also, exercise such as walking, stress management & relaxation such as meditation, yoga, acupuncture, Diet/nutrition (Omega-3 contained foods), and support from family, friends, and a therapist may help you to manage your condition.

Also, you will benefit from attending a support group for adults with similar conditions.
There are support groups websites. The Daily Strength ( offer support groups for people with a variety of problems.

Everyone's different, so finding the right medication or medications for you will likely take some trial and error. If you have side effects, you shouldn't stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor first. It is necessary for you and your doctor to work together to find the right medication for you.

I hope you find a way to manage your condition and get well.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,