Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field

hi i have been feeling really down lately. like lonely, easy

hi i have been feeling really down lately. like lonely, easy to tears , and in general depressed. i take beta blockers and have heard that they may cause it, but is that a realistic cause..i have never had it like this befor
Hello there what type of beta blockers are you taking? Is there a history of depression in your family? Has your doctor checked your Vitamin D levels and hormons?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no history of depression...i am taking something called he hasnt checked anything yet
Hello and thanks for letting me know can you tell me if you are dealing with a very stressful event in your life right know? I know that selo-zok causes insomnia and anxiety and I am not sure that it can cause depression.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well not really no, i am just really tired and easy to tears at the moment
Hello there it sounds like you are suffering from depression. Depression can start at any time for no reason. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about this. There are many medications that can help you. I also suggest a therapist who is trained in CBT. The best way to change your mood is to write down 5 things that you are thankful for every day. Spending time with friends even if you don't feel like it and working out will help also. The worst thing you can do for depression is isolate. I also think you should see your doctor to see if you don't have a vitamin dificiency.