Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
56283723

mental issues

today my son turned 40 yet it never came into my mind to call him. i thought about it all day, bot a card, wished him happy birthday on facebook but yet it never came into my mind to call him. what does this mean?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
If you would like to give me more information I will be happy to see what I can come up with for you.

Why is this so unusual for you? What have you done on his previous birthdays? Has anything changed in your relationship with your son lately, if so what? What did your parent(s) do to acknowledge your birthdays when you were the age your son is now?

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Mark Manley
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this is unusual for me because any other time i would have thought to call him. I guess it is not the issue of his birthday but that i thought about something but it didn't come into my mind and that is what is upsetting me. thinking about something that was important and yet not acting on it. maybe this is really not anything but trying to explain that i just didn't think about it (it didn't enter my mind) really upsets me. i feel like i had a brain freeze. i just want to know if i should just let it go or check into it as maybe an issue.

\

It is probably nothing at all, however if this continues to happen get a check up with a medical doctor and be sure and tell him or her about your symptoms. If it does not continue then just forget about it.

Thank you for using Justanswer.

Sincerely,
Mark Manley