Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice
16903060

What exactly is Transitory Illness

Customer Question

What exactly is "Transitory Illness?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Dr.Kappler :

There is no formal definition of the term transitory illness since it is not a common psychiatric term.

Dr.Kappler :

So there is the fact that it is an attempt at describing an illness which will pass at some point.

Dr.Kappler :

I am not sure why certain statements that I have typed appear twice. I am sorry for the confusion they may create.

Dr.Kappler :

I have heard the term used by psychiatrists to label a psychiatric illness that they cannot further define and appears then disappears for no apparent reason but it is not a common medical term.

Dr.Kappler :

I see that you are currently off-line. I have responded to your request as best as I can. If you have more to add about the situation feel free to do so. If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the accept button. Experts are paid only for each accepted answer they provide

Dr.Kappler :

If there is any other ways I can help let me know If you feel that you have already paid for my work I need to inform you of the situation as it stands so you can decide what to do. You have made the effort to ask and receive a response to your question. That item has been timed out because you have accepted the repose but not clicked the acceptance button. As a result you have my hard work and compassion and I have no payment. I am alright with this since I am at a time in my life where your payment or even engagement of my response is essential. If there is anything else I can do as an expert let me know or address it in a separate response addressed to me and I will gladly answer it.

So far this answer on my part has gone unpaid and the question is timed out. Is there anything else I can do to make you feel that I have earned an acceptance? Please let me know.

Dr.Kappler :

I guess you are not willing to give me a reason why you have accepted my answer but still refuse to pay me for it. There is an old story of two monks who went to see a sage in the mountains. They both asked for a consultation on how to reach serenity and the sage granted them their wish. One monk said in gratitude that he had a small offering but he hoped it would be appreciated since it was all he was able to give from his situation. When the two were leaving the mountain they started to talk about their visit. When the monk who left the offering said "it was so helpful" the other one replied,"That old guy didn't say anything I didn't already know. That is why I didn't pay him." The other monk looked at him and said "but if he didn't give you a way to see what is a path for you to follow that you felt was yours you would have rejected it!"