Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

how to know if my 24-year old daughter, married, mother of four children ages 3 to newborn

how to know if my 24-year old daughter, married, mother of four children ages 3 to newborn. who exhibits pathologic lying,manipulation especially to receive attention. shows no evidence of empathy. never apologizes, causes chaos every chance she can, Chronic er visits, calls to me to come rescue her from some crisis that ends up not being real. Began in teen years around 14. Talks to her toddlers like they are adults, allowing them to get hurt and then saying its was there fault. Allows them to destroy anonthers home and does not lift a finger to clean up or apologizes. Has no regard for others feelings. never expresses concern for others or says thankyou. She is cold has emailed and texted mean comments to me and my mother. ignores my father and her sister (13yo)Laughs at people that get hurt.Amused when she sees me cry. Takes 0% reponsibility for actions. Enjoys toying with me.Likes to control people. History of shoplifting, Uses her children as pawns to threaten to cut off any acc
I am so sorry you have lived in hell for these many years and it continues. Sounds like you better get psyched up to raise grandchildren.

You have a tiger by the tail. All you can do is try not to get mauled too badly.

The likelihood of her improving significantly is very low.

Call Child Protective Services if/when you think the kids are in danger.

Try not to be intimidated by her threats not to let you see the kids (she needs you too badly to pull that off for long).

Wish I had better news or even a little optimism for you.

If you have not availed yourself of National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) check them out on line, they have lots of good support for families dealing with mental illness.

You never got around to your question above, so let me know if you have any question I have not addressed.
Mark Manley

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is she a sociopath?