TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Im on 4 different types of medication and I still dont feel

I'm on 4 different types of medication and I still dont feel well. I'm down alot of the time, very tired wit no motivation or energy. Everything is an effort!! How do I make myself feel better??
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like you may be depressed. With depression, one of the main symptoms is lack of motivation. It can make it hard to be motivated to seek the very treatment you need to feel better.

Although medication can be helpful in reducing your symptoms so you can cope better, therapy is the best way to eliminate your depression. Mediations are a temporary measure until you get the treatment you need. It only covers the symptoms, but it cannot eliminate the depression. Cognative Behavior therapy (CBT) is the best option, but other therapies would help as well. By talking about how you feel and learning strategies on how to cope better, you can eliminate your depression.

To find a therapist, ask your doctor for a referral. Or you can search on line at

You can also help yourself from home. There are numerous resources that you can easily use that take little motivation to read and learn from. The more you know, the better off you are. Here are some resources to help you:

The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness by XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXX Teasdale, Zindel Segal and Jon Kabat-Zinn

The Depression Cure: The 6-Step Program to Beat Depression without Drugs by Stephen S. Ilardi

The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-step Program (Workbook) by Bill Knaus Ed.D. and Albert Ellis Ph.D.

You can find these books on or your local library may have them for you.

I hope this has helped you,

I hope my answer was helpful. Do you have any other questions or need clarification?

If you found my answer helpful, please click ACCEPT so I can be paid for my work. I am not reimbursed unless you accept. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I find the best therapist for CBT and the talking therapies you describe?
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 4 years ago.

To find the best therapist, ask around for referrals. Also, try your doctor. He or she probably knows therapists because doctors often refer patients for therapy.

Also, use the link I provided above for you. It lists the therapists in your area by zip code and gives you an idea of their specialties.