Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

is thier any good web sites to chat with other people with

Customer Question

is thier any good web sites to chat with other people with relation ship probloms like a support group or web sites where you can talk or chat with theripast or phsycologiest for free or u can pay a decent price and not break the bank i need some one to talk to that is either going through what i am or is trained to listen and actually give advice id really like a web site also i can pay a monthly subscription to talk with theripast along with the free or pay bye chat thank you

adc
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 3 years ago.

Hello again! I answered another question for you earlier. I hope it's ok if I answer this one as well.

Just Answer does have a subscription service. If you are not already signed up, you can talk with the moderators about setting one up.

Most professionals do not offer free services. Talking on line to a specialist like a mental health therapist or doctor is only offered through paid services. Experts who would give advice for free may do it on a one time basis only, but if they did it all the time they would never be able to support themselves.

But there are a number of online chat sites you can try. Here is a list you can start with:

http://www.dailystrength.org/support-groups/Relationships-Sexuality

http://relationship.supportgroups.com/

http://www.mdjunction.com/healthy-relationships

You can also see if there are support groups in your area. Contact your local United Way for information.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i wasnt wanting free councling i think i may have worded it wrong i was wanting to know if there was a councling web site where you could pay by the session or a subscription to chat back and forth with a councler in a session type conversation when things were bad and u needed to chat or talk with some one about things that u dont want to talk to some one u know or face to face if there is any can u send them to me

Oh, thank you for the clarification.

You can do that on Just Answer. There is a chat feature but for individual questions only. You can also pick an Expert to work with on Just Answer and use the question and answer format. You can pay them as you get your answers. Most experts would be willing to help you. You can ask the expert you prefer when you get an answer to your question.

There are also other websites that offer on line therapy. I am not sure I am allowed to post information about the competition on JA, but if you search Google using the words "online chat therapy" and several come up.

I hope it works out for you,

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes mam thank you i dint know you had a chat option so i can see how that would be a conflict of intrest i like most of all the experts once a week on friday i will send out tips to the ones who help and reply to my return questions i do it once a week so i dont have a bunch of money come out all through the week its easier to take out once a week and give bigger tips then to give smaller ones several small ones all through the week im forgetfull id have a bad check if i done that thank you for your answer and you can answer as many as u like the more one therapist answers the bigger tip ill leave friday before i knew there was a subscription i tiped five dollars for the question ill tip bye the questions thank you for your help greatly appreciated

You're welcome! I am glad I could help.You are very kind to tip the experts who work with you. I know we all appreciate it very much.

If you would like to work together again, just put my name in front of your question and I will answer you. Otherwise, I will look for any future questions you post on the queue.

Thanks again,

Kate