Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families
37122071

Is Pexeva or paxil CR better for anxiety

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our website:

Pexeva and Paxil are generic names for the same medication: Paroxetine. The only difference is that Paxil CR is continuous release. They are both prescribed for anxiety and since each person is so different in their metabolism, it is impossible to say that one is better that another for a certain individual.

Hope this helps..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
between exeva and paxil cr which has the longer half life?
Same half life because they are the same chemical: parotexine;
Mean half life about: 21 hours...but there is a range due to the difference in people's metabolism.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay well i have had experiences where generic is no where near as good as the brand name is XXXXX XXXXX paxil cr better? becuase im not going generic i refuse
Yes, I understand, many people do not feel they generic is the same. The generic is called paroxetine. Both Paxil and Pexeva are brand names. Paxil was the first form of this medication. But it is not possible to say which is best. maybe you should start with Paxil since it was the first formulation.

I think I have answered your question.....please press accept.
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience: 35 years experience counseling children and families