Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

while on job i feel having very little energy and spend my

Customer Question

while on job i feel having very little energy and spend my time on non-relevent things. is there a way i can start puting more energy and focus on my job
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr John B replied 5 years ago.

Are you having trouble with your energy levels in areas other than work?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

well to some extent i am bit reluctant to comitt myself to somethign which requires energy , but once comitt i go for it (like gym, shoping, study etc)

Expert:  Dr John B replied 5 years ago.
So, do you think the lack of energy is a problem in general or just in relation to work? The reason I ask is that loss of energy can be a symptom of Depression but it would normally occur across all aspects of life, not just in one domain (such as work). Are you experiencing any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i think the lack of energy is general (as i am not considered a very talkative, lively , open person). On other side i am not very dissatisifed with the outcome of my life till now. I am very satisifed with many things (like education, family life , childern etc).

In the job i compare myself with another colleague who was working with me since last 14 years and he has having different personality which is more energatic and firey. He has got always better appreciation but somehow i continued struggling and the difference in last 14 years (in organizational levels) was not very much.

Now he is no more working with me. However still i feel that i have not the required passion/motiviation and focus on this job.

I think i would need a advice how i can improve my motiviation level about the job and my focus on the details (within the job). I am satisifed with the salary and my present level in the organization. The only -ve thing in my mind is that i am not considered the "best talent" in the organization (which would limit my future carrier) and would be looking for ways to over come this thing also.

Expert:  Dr John B replied 5 years ago.
If the low motivation & energy is only in relation to your job then it is probably not a mental health issue but rather a career/life coaching issue. This category of JustAnswer is specifically for mental health/psychological difficulty questions and your question may be better placed in another category. I will opt out of the question and if any of the other experts in this category feel they can help you they will be able to provide you with an answer.