Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice

I need to find a clinical psychologist in New Zealand, preferably

I need to find a clinical psychologist in New Zealand, preferably Wellington to treat my daughter with dermotillomania and anorexia - would you have any contacts?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I believe I can be of help with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. I am in the US but I looked through my directories and want to recommend three resources. I want to share with you that I had to really check through the first psychologist I came through because I wasn't sure my director for eating disorders was up to date enough. But she is very experienced in this area and so I took the time to check up on whether she is still practicing. She is. Her name isXXXXX have her private practice phone number as (04) (NNN) NNN-NNNN But in my checking on her, I see that she is also on the staff now of Nelson Bays Private Health. I apologize, I don't know the relationship of Nelson to Wellington but the area code is different. So that makes me worried she is no longer in Wellington: 03(NNN) NNN-NNNN But I wonder if you could call her and she might be able to refer you to someone who is experienced both in eating disorders and anxiety disorders.

John Moffat is a psychologist that in my directories for anxiety disorders seemed like he might be helpful either for treatment or referrals. He works with Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and other disorders. He has an email in my directory as well as a phone number:

[email protected]

021(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Then I saw that there is something called the Central Region Eating Disorder Services in Wellington: (04)(NNN) NNN-NNNN My directory also lists a website for them:

I don't know how helpful they might be for you but they may be useful for treatment or referrals.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button because: even though you have made a deposit, I do not get paid for my time unless you press ACCEPT. Feel free to continue the discussion as my goal is to get you the best answer possible. You can continue the discussion even after pressing ACCEPT. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have been involved with this but need help now with dermatillomania - if you are referring to the web for information then its probably best that we leave it at this as I have done it already, was just wondering if you have contacts in NZ, especially wellington. Thought this might be an international site.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
Right, this is an international site. I only can use my directories and hope they are helpful to you. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX