Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice

Hey my name isXXXXX and I have been on lexapro since

Hey my name isXXXXX and I have been on lexapro since 2005, I tried to get off of lexapro but I , I was introduced to vyvanse when I still felt crummy and had a horrific reaction. I did however fell more awake when I was on half a dose of lexapro, and I felt like me again, the dose of lexapro I am currently on is to high, everything is gray and heavy. My dad which is a heart doctor and has experience with both lexapro and paxil, he prefers paxil since he says it makes him feel less gray, more awake and overall happier and life filled.

What do you think?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! It sounds like your father whom I can assume is a physician has decided that Paxil is better for him than Lexapro.

Dr.Kappler :

And in addition you are feeling that your dosage of lexapro is "too high and everything is grey and heavy" meaning that we can assume that you feel over medicated. My suggestion is for you to go beck to your physician to say this and been suggest a change to a different drug. You need to be a good patient as they are a good healer. They will only know what medication works best for you if yo have good communication with your doctor. I would get a second opinion with your pharmacist as well since you have been on this medication for 6 years. Stay informed and keep utilizing the experts you have to help you.

Dr.Kappler :

I see that you are off line. I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction. If so, please remember to click on the green accept button so that I will receive credit for my response. You may return to this answer for reference at any time after you accept.