Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

I had a brain bleed in 2009. it was repaired with a coil.

I had a brain bleed in 2009. it was repaired with a coil. I have recovered well, speech is good, walking, dressing general every day things are ok I sometimes just break out cursing or crying. I take two anti-depresants, this is still a problem. Do you have any sugestions?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.

I am really very happy to know that you have recovered so well after having a brain bleed earlier.

What you are experiencing currently could be a sequel of brain injury and is known by various names such as Pseudobulbar affect, pathological crying etc and it has to be differentiated from sad mood and associated crying spells in depression.

What is Pseudobulbar effect?

Regarding the treatment part, you can discuss with your doctor about a new drug Nuedexta; for treating PBA. Please click the link below to find out more.
Paroxetine versus citalopram treatment of pathological crying after brain injury.
FDA Approves First Treatment for Pseudobulbar AffectI hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated