psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I had a one night fling last December when I was intoxicated.

I had a one night fling last December when I was intoxicated. So intoxicated, I really don't remember it. 3 months after it I got pregnant. Obviously I will be having this baby a year after my huge mistake but now its going around (in a small circle) that the baby must not be my husband's. The hurt this brings me is horrible. Not to mention the hurt of doing it. How do I forgive myself? Also how do I get through things until the gossip dies down?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You do nothing about gossip because you can't change other people. People will say what they want and have that right. I would just avoid doing anything to feed into it. When they get bored they will move onto someone else. As far as the indiscretion you can forgive yourself anytime you want by focusing on your relationship and your upcoming baby. if you focus on the past that will take away your focus. Try to plan for your baby so that it is a time of positivity. Also focus on working on your relationship. Explore why you did this so that you have a better understanding. If you think counseling would help then access that to. If your husband knows then explore this together. You have to stop trying to fix what is done. You have the ability to forgive yourself by just focusing on your relationship and your child.

If this is helpful press accept