Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice
16903060

My daughter and her husband have been married 2 years. During

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband have been married 2 years. During that time she has been salsa dancing in Toronto on weekends, meeting new friends, and travelling with them. They have decided to stay apart for 2 weeks, during which time she asked to stay here. I really like her husband, he isn't perfect, but she has caused the break-up. I told her no, I can't look at her every day and see the pain.I reassured her that her dad and I love her, but we hate what she is doing.Do you think I did the right thing. I just don't think she would have ever got her head straight here.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

You need to set some healthy boundaries with your daughter. You have done the right thing in saying so. You have enabled her to straighten out what is going on in her marriage and what she wants in life.