Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice
16903060

Update from therapist

Customer Question

Hi there. I had a written report from my therapist last week. It makes for quite sober reading. He says I won't be fit for work for an indefinite period. A whole lot of responses are elevated but particularly the paranoid response which is 90 percent about the man I worked with who has been hacking my phone and stalking me. This is not imagined, my cousin confirmed just last week it has been happening and in her words "it hasn't stopped" which I took to mean she had a phone call recently. Anyway the report also mentions worrying issues/symptoms about the onset of schizophrenia.
D. Suicidal thoughts along the lines of "I'd be better off dead but I won't carry it through.
E. I was hearing voices for about a year about 12 months ago.
D. I have been talking to myself for quite a while.
F. I had a massive anger outburst last week (never happened before) which scared me a bit although it receded really quickly.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. You will be able to prevent him from hacking your phone or stalking you if you take some legal action. You must remember that even paranoid people have real fears. Your concerns about schizophrenia since it is doubtful that someone in their 50's would have. the onset of a psychosis. Is there any way that you can use this report to your advantage and sue your employer?

JACUSTOMER-q2c4blat- : I probably should have mentioned that my brother, whom I care for, has had the disease for 46 years.
JACUSTOMER-q2c4blat- : Yes, it will come to legal action eventually.
JACUSTOMER-q2c4blat- : That bastard stalker has been dogging me for 25 years so not surprising my mind has started to warp. I would like to think it can be rehabilitated tho. What do you think?
Dr.Kappler :

Your brother having a psychotic break does not you susceptible but you may need to take care of yourself and seek help when you feel that you are falling apart. Your stalker needs some firm limit setting and some good boundaries on your part. You should protect yourself from him. .