Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years

I am bipolar. I take 1-1/2 pills of sorquel. They have caused

Customer Question

I am bipolar. I take 1-1/2 pills of sorquel. They have caused me to gain 8 lbs. I do 50 minutes @ 4.o mph on the tread mill daily and weight strength training every other day. I am also faithfully following Weight Watchers food plan. I cannot lose any weight. Could you please advise me on how to lose this weight. XXXXXXX [email protected]
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ask Eleanor replied 5 years ago.

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am here for you and am happy to respond. Weight gain is most certainly a major side effect of Seroquel, and, as you are experiencing, is very hard to avoid, no matter what you do. How long have you been taking this medication and what is the exact dosage you are taking? Also, who is prescribing and monitoring it for you psychiatrist, GP?