AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.

Is it normal that I still think about my ex everyday and wish

Is it normal that I still think about my ex everyday and wish we were back together after 2 and a half years or could a therapist help with this?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 2 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thank your for contacting Just aa

AgapeDoc :

OOPS!

AgapeDoc :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Let me see if I can help here....

AgapeDoc :

It is my intention to answer your question and exceed your expectation. If you are satisfied with my efforts, will you click on the green accept button?

AgapeDoc :

OK.... I see you are off line. I will go ahead and address what you have posted up to this point...

Customer:

I'm still here

AgapeDoc :

I have read what you posted and I want to point out something to you that may help a little. You asked if it is "normal" to be thinking about your ex after such a long time...

Customer:

I guess I already know I am having a problem but I don't know what could help

AgapeDoc :

Well, the question may be better asked, is it unheard of. And the answer to that question is no, it is not unheard of to be in the situation you are in......

AgapeDoc :

However, it is clearly causing you some issues or else you wouldn't be reaching out here for answers....

AgapeDoc :

So... in spite of the fact that you are having some issues, there is some good news for you....

AgapeDoc :

First, I have had several clients over the years who have been in very similar situations...

AgapeDoc :

Next..... there is hope - MOST CERTAINLY there is hope :)

AgapeDoc :

YES, seeing a therapist can give you great relief.

Customer:

I have to go but I guess I will add that I feel that I am living a fake existance in this marriage. I got married 2 months after my fiance and I broke up. I am scared to be alone and afraid that I will regret leaving my husband. he is a good person but i feel nothing for him besides friendship. this may be making my thoughts about my x worse

AgapeDoc :

A trained and licensed therapist will have experience with issues such as this helping you through this will not pose an overwhelming challenge for him or her.

AgapeDoc :

I strongly suggest finding a therapist who practices Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). This is a method of therapy that will be very effective and efficient for you. It won't be hard to find a therapist such as this as this is one of the most or perhaps the most valued method of therapy today.

AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience: Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.