How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AgapeDoc Your Own Question
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
AgapeDoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i overcome a heartbreak, weve only been dated for 8

Customer Question

How do i overcome a heartbreak, we've only been dated for 8 months and now i'm 12 weeks pregnant, i've find out that he is married and living with wife, I can't talk to him over the phone he drops my call and i cant seem to stop contacting him. Is there anyway i can move on with out him in my life and my child.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 5 years ago.

Kelley :

Hi. Thanks for using JustAnswer! Are you available to chat?


Hi Kelly

Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 5 years ago.
HI, it seems that you were not able to get a response and the discussion is open. If it's OK with you, I will post some thoughts that may be helpful...

The short answer to your question is YES! It is possible to move on without him and have a good life with your child. But before I go on.....

I must say that I am so sorry to hear that you find yourself in this very upsetting position. I can only imagine how challenging this must be for you.

Having said that, let me tell you that I have actually had some clients that have been in similar situations and there are some options for you.

First, (I'm not an attorney of course) you may want to contact an attorney to see what you options are for child support from him. Just because he won't take your calls, doesn't mean an attorney can't be your advocate and force him to live up to his financial responsibilities. It's only fair after all.

Next, since he turned out to be a person who lacked integrity (to say the least) you can find many support systems to help you as a single mom.

Support groups abound (many cost nothing or very little to participate in) such as parents without partners, mommy and me classes (swimming, play dates, etc). There are many services that offer babysitting, nanny services and etc.

So, yes you can make it without this guy who lied to you and is now not even willing to live up to his obligations.

I hope I have been helpful. If you are satisfied with my efforts, please don't forget to click on the green accept button so I can get credit for my efforts.
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience: Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.
AgapeDoc and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Good morning


Thank you , you sound so positive i wish it would just disappear now. still very hurt and i know now i need to move on but how do you that.


What can i say, thank you again i'll hope and praiy for the best.

Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 5 years ago.
It won't be easy, and you will need support, but as I pointed out.... help is available. I think the first step is to contact an attorney. Your baby needs prenatal care and he needs to support that financially.