TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate, Thanks for your kind words. It helps a bit. I think

Thanks for your kind words. It helps a bit. I think going to bed early tonight will be good for me. It gives me less time to think and get all worked up which leads to self destructive behaviour.

My stomach feels so nervous for some odd reason. Almost feels like stage fright yet I`m not performing for anything. Maybe I am nervous or scared about something. I don`t know what.

Maybe journalling will help. I have lots of feelings I want to write down. Sometimes writing poems helps me too.

If it`s okay with you, I will probably write again at some point.

Thanks again.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

You're welcome! I am glad it helped you some.

Lots of good sleep helps, I agree. And journaling too. Getting your thoughts out on paper can not only help you express yourself, but also helps you remember even the fleeting thoughts which can give you more insight into how you feel and why. That can make your progress move forward faster.

In my experience, nervous stomachs, when dealing with intense emotional issues, usually indicate that something is about to emerge in your treatment, usually a breakthrough of some sort. The body reacts before the mind and emotions. It means you are very close to discovering something that will mean a change for you, for the better. It is a good sign. Just from our time together, I can tell you have progressed a lot. So something is working for you.

It is definitely fine with me if you write again! I enjoy hearing from you and I'm always glad to help.