Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

My daughters psychiatrist told me that my 38 year old daughter

My daughters psychiatrist told me that my 38 year old daughter had a abortion. She said she loaned her the money and asked me to pat her back. I paid her and I think my daughter paid her also. What she would do about this. Mt daughter is vert upset and feels she can not trust her . What do we do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Gather any documentation. This is wrong in so many ways---I am disgusted. She needs to file complaint with state licensing board and ethics committee. The fact she disclosed this to you (psychiatrist told you) is illegal and malpractice.

Customer: Thank you but wher do we start Do we go to a lawyer. I am discussed and had to deal with for about 4 years . I finally got it off my chest. She told me many other things that my daughter would not have wanted me know. I feel bad that I told het that I knew about the abortion. My daughter is bi polar and I think may send her into a episode. Pleas help I do noy
Customer: Do not know what to do. I feel she may have set her back she cannot believe that she could not trust. Pleas help
Dr. Ed Wilfong :

You do not need attorney at this point. Find the medical licensing board and medical ethics board in your state. Detail what happened. Best if daughter makes complaint or at least signs it. I has to come from her, but you can help her. Licensing board can be googled easily. If you want to sue, (a good idea), get lawyer quickly. Your statute of limitations is coming up. is good source - most defend doctors, but should find one that serves patients. It also appears she extorted money, so you could go to law enforcement, but may want to hold of until you hear from review board.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Finally, get daughter a psychiatrist she can trust.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Also , send copy of state complain, to state Psychiatric Association.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

you are welcome. if I was helpful, please press accept and let me know if I can help in future