Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

I am on medicare in California and disabled my Psyciatrist

I am on medicare in California and disabled my Psyciatrist quit her practice suddenly and i can't find another doctor that takes medicare.My disability needs feed back from a psyciatrist but I can't find one other than standing in line for 1st come 1st serve at the local county mental health facility. My problem is I get really freaked out when i'm around other people. My diagnosis was extremely depressed, psycosis, my nerves are shot i used to run a rather large auotmobile dealership and finnaly had a break down w/ a heart attack i don't want to loose my disability help

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

You shouldn't lose disability status. ARE YOU ON MEDICATIONS? It may be easier to find a psychologist knowledgable about psychopharmacology to talk to and work with GP on MEds. I am in N. CAL. and finding psyciatrist is really tough and community mental health is a mess.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So you understand what i am up against, I am in nor cal also chico should i call disability and see what they need me to do or do you know of any doctors in this
area? I am on prestique/ with lorazapham for my panic attacks my previous psyciatrists office said to have my primary doctor wwrite the scripts although my primary doesn't believe in the meds, also i'm running out and we know thats not going to be a good thing.
I am in SAC. Sorry. See if primary care will call shrink to continue scripts. The good news is Pristiq should eliminate need for lorazepam in a few weeks. There is no harm in mixing meds. Unfortunately, doctors always want other doc to call (opinion deleted)

Are you on time limited disability or permanent. I am not sure if you need to tell disablity anything and everythime they pull yoour file it gives them a chance to remember to harass you.

Let me know, Ed
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Wilfong, My disability is a year at a time and my primary can't call my psyciatrist because she has quit her practice ubruptly. I have no idea what to do leaving the housee to make my appointment's is hell!
That sucks. In California, the opinion of a psychologist is equal in court to a psychiatrist. With support from Primary, you should be OK. I am not sure by what you meant by last sentence. If MD will only prescribe one, it should be Pristiq, likely at 100mg.