Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

Anxiety, Memory, Concentration

I have been advised to take  Omega 3 from fish oil. I currently take 4.8 grams daily of   Piracetam and 100 mg of PRISTIQ® (desvenlafaxine)daily .  I am taking 4.6 grams of Omega 3 from fish oil at the moment.  This is for the purpose of treating an anxiety disorder with panic attacks and also memory and concentration. I have been told this is a brain issue, as standard therapy such as CBT etc has not worked. I am a counsellor myself and I am very aware of the cognitive thinking behind it. I am after medication dosage advise. Thanks. What dosage would you suggest for the Omega 3 . The main issue is with memory and concentration.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

How long have you been on Pristiq? Have you seen Neurologist?

Customer:

I have been on 100mg for 4 months prior to that 50mg for 3 months. Prior to that Cymbalta (duloxetine HCl) for 3 years, then prior to that ZOLOFT® (sertraline HCl) for 12 months. Zoloft gave me headaches, Cymbalta is draining on emotions. Pristiq seems to work best, XXXXX XXXXX current clinical psychologist does not think that Pristiq is what I need. I am debating whether to see a psychiatrist.

Customer:

Thats is 100mg and 50 mg of Pristiq just to clarify.

Customer:

No I have not seen a Neurologist

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

The memory, attention and concentration are all symptoms of depression. The Omega 3 may be helpful. Vitamin D may help if you get little sunlight.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

100mg of Pristiq is normal and if it is not helping, a psychiatric consult may be needed. They have a few more options.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Prisiq can be taken above 100mg but side effects increase and I would want psychiatrist to manage at higher dose

Customer:

Alright thanks for your help

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

I have had good reports with Lexapro.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

wish I could do more

Customer:

I need you to finalise your respone so I can click on accept on my end. Cheers

Customer:

I cant select accept option. Please advise so payment can be made.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Thanks. I forgot to uncheck. I wanted to make sure I could help before I allowed payment, then I forgot.