Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

Im a 57 year old woman who has trouble dealing with bullying

Customer Question

I'm a 57 year old woman who has trouble dealing with bullying type personalities in the workplace (including my own boss, who appears to be part of a clique that does this). What type of intervention do you recommend for me? I don't want to attempt to change anyone else's behavior. It's not my problem. I just want to be able to deal with them better on a day to day basis.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

u are asuming you have control over this situation. You don't. You have to file complaint or just live with it.

Customer:

I don't want to file a complaint. That would just make things worse. I just want to figure out how to deal with it. That was my question.

Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience: Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.
You have to show that you won't tolerate such behavior. People do what you let them do. You have to stand up for yourself by letting him know that you won't tolerate it. I am not saying to be belligerent. I am just saying that you have to establish firm boundaries. You have to be firm but concise in how he needs to treat you. You may also consider going to superiors. You can't change someone else but you can change how you deal with the situation. You have to learn how to face him directly and say you won't treat me like this. If it continues then you must do what the previous expert told you to do