TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Out of those meds which have most patients benefited the most

Out of those meds which have most patients benefited the most from? On average?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for requesting my help!

In my experience, Ativan is the most versatile and easiest of the drugs listed to take. It can be taken as prescribed or taken prn, which means as necessary. Most people that I have worked with find Ativan very effective. If it is taken prn, it is usually effective enough to control panic but not make the person feel groggy or sleepy.

Of the drugs I listed, Xanax and Klonopin, which are benzodiazepines, are effective but highly addictive. If you choose to take these medications, be aware that withdrawal must happen slowly and under a doctor's supervision. Ativan is also listed as a benzodiazepine, but in my experience people do not have the same reaction to Ativan as they do to Xanax and Klonopin.

Kate