Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

What can you tell me about the use of Ketamine They arent

What can you tell me about the use of Ketamine? They aren't doing trials here and I am desperate! I've been through almost every antidepressant, and ECT, and some real non-FDA medications. I want to try Ketamine and am starting to think of going to the black market in my desperation. What do you think?

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Ketamine is a short acting anesthesia used to induce unconsciousness for short periods of time, using simple surgeries. It would be dangerous to use yourself. It could kill you, cause brain damage, etc. I can't see any circumstances where it would be benficial to you.

Customer:

I thought lots of people use it illegaly. Is there a high rate of fatality?

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

I really don't know the rates of fatality for illegal use of Ketamine. I do know it is a bad idea and very dangerous. People use a lot of drugs illegally; that doesn't make it a good idea.