Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

My 3 yr. old grandsons mother, age 34, recently got out of a 1 mos. stay in jail for

My 3 yr. old grandson's mother, age 34, recently got out of a 1 mos. stay in jail for getting 2 DUI's & 1 DWI within 1 week. She is @ home now waiting for an opening in an area rehab facility which is a court ordered 90-day stay. She has never been in rehab & has been doing drugs (cocaine, extreme PCP, etc.) for several years. She is in total denial & stated the jail stay was a vacation. She has another son, age 7, that has also suffered from her behavior. 1 other daughter, age 16, moved out before this incident. Will she succeed in rehab? Thank you.
You are asking us to poredict the furure, and that we cannot do. However, on the basis of what you have said, it seems unlikely that her rehab will be successfull.

Succesful rehab depends almost entirely on the patient's attitude and committment, and hers seems to be lacking.

It may be that she will change as her rehab progresses, but if she does not, then the outlook is bleak.