psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

My wife suddenly moved out she had been depressed. She moved

My wife suddenly moved out she had been depressed. She moved out of state. How can I help her when she is so far away?

You can't do more than you have done alone. You need to encourage her to find mental health care in this state or hers. This may have nothing to do with you or her. She may have a mood disturbance that can't be remedied by having a happy relationship or by finding happiness on her own. There has to be an intervention when she or others that love her are not enough. She needs to find a proactive choice that can address her problem. Sometimes people think that by moving or getting a new car or finding a new love changes who they are or makes them happy when in fact the depression does not respond to such things. When you move your emotions go with you. Encourage her to find care. Then she may return with a new outlook instead of returning with this same problem.

If this been helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This has happened before but she has never moved a long way off. Should I continue to communicate with or or give her some space and time to heal. I am not sure that suggesting she get help will go over real well. In the past after a month or two she seems to be better. I thought of writing to her since she seems to respond better to a letter than talking to her on the phone
You can give her space and hope that she takes your suggestions. If you want the relationship that is helpful. Maybe she will come to her own conclusions similar to mine. I think a letter sounds nice. She may be touched by that