Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

i work as a medic and my partner who has experiance alot in

Customer Question

i work as a medic and my partner who has experiance alot in her life. her dad dying, her brother dying, loosing a pergnancy, and in the past dealing with a physically violent relatioinship, working with her she thinks everybody is out to get her, always thinks somebody is talking about her, she rambles,disorganized thoughts,i will be with her all day she says things have happend to her when nothing has happend at all.always spending money never has enough, complete germ phobia,she will smell something and think she is getting sick,unsure of herself, has no trust in anybody with anything, thinks people do things to her belongings.always seems to be in a better mood and extremly happy when men are around,constantly looking in the mirror just to make sure she isnt againg, can not work well with others at all, has recently stopped talking to me b/c she thinks im out to get her. cant handle stress of this job at all.repeats same things over and over
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi! You know, to give you the best answer, I think I should ask you a few questions first that will help define the problem and the situation.

Is your question what is her mental health problem?

Or: Is your question what can you do to make this more bearable for you?

If so, can you ask for a different partner?

If it is what is her problem, were there these kind of traumas in her her childhood? What about alcohol or dysfunction in her family when she was growing up?

Is she getting any mental health treatment right now or in the past? If so, for what and what type? How is it going?

Any extra information that will help, feel free to share.

Dr. Mark

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to know what her mental health pronblem is. she needs help and is not getting any
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
I see. So we are focusing on how to get her to get help. Is that right?

Do you know if she is open to getting psychological help?

Or do we need to start with self-help techniques, like giving her a book or something like that?

Dr. Mark