Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

My first question was a recommendation for a course of action

Customer Question

My first question was a recommendation for a course of action for what feels like
PTSD. A follow-up question was for a referral to someone in my area. I've gotten
no answers and should not have been charged $42. If I have been charged, I will
dispute it with my credit card company.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am sorry that no one has answered your questions. I don't know what the questions were but I do want to tell you that if you haven't clicked on ACCEPT, then you were not charged yet. If you would like me to try and answer could you copy and paste your question here Also, your city, state and zip code will help me find a referral for you in your area.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi, you there?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

Yes, I'm here. I was assaulted four years ago by my home health aide. She

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Usually for PTSD you would need a therapist. I treat many people with PTSD --- several sexually abused by their fathers.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Oh my, oh my!!!!!!! I am so...ooo very sorry to hear that. How awful --- my goodness --- someone who was supposed to help you.

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

claims I fell out of my wheelchair. I have no memory of the incident. I ended with a compltely torn bracchial plexus and a knife cut on my neck. Since then I have been filled with nameless fear and dread. I rarely leave my house. I've thought

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

about finding a hypnotherapist, but do not know where to begin. The only

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I need to see a patient now. Please put in all your information and I promise I will be right back to help you with what you need.

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

suggestion I got from your service was to try art

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I'll be back at around 10:00.

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

I live in Pine Mountain, Ga., 31822

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi, let me go look for someone.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Let me say that it is ridiculous to try art to work on your PTSD. PTSD needs therapy. If you are not working and you are spending time alone then sure try Art, try different social groups to keep yourself occupied. But that is not instead of seeing a therapist. Ok, I'm going to look, I'll be right back as soon as I find someone.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :
Dr. C. Steven Shaffer,

2594 Highway 34 East #B
Newnan, Georgia, 30265
Phone: 770-252-3760

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Not easy to find someone. Where I live there are at least 25 -50 per block. Maybe I should move --- just kidding.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I see you are still offline. I will be traveling but I'll check with you again later.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your questions, please click on ACCEPT and leave feedback. Bonuses are always appreciated. You can always ask more questions after you have clicked on Accept.Simply Reply To: Dr. Shirley Schaye and I will be the one to answer.

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

Where's the answer? Don't I "accept" when I am satisfied with the service?

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

"Accept" what? What's the answer?

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

Is your answer that I see a therapist? That's what I've been trying to do since

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

last Wednesday or Thursday. Actually, I wish to disengage.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You asked for a referral. I gave you a referral. Of course, you should see a therapist.

JACUSTOMER-ujo3uyes- :

What referral? I have no referral. That's what I keep trying to tell you.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I am copying and pasting what I already sent to you:

Dr. Shirley Schaye :
Dr. Shirley Schaye says:
10:03 AM

Hi, let me go look for someone.

10:06 AM

10:42 AM
Dr. C. Steven Shaffer,

2594 Highway 34 East #B
Newnan, Georgia, 30265
Phone: 770-252-3760