psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

for many years my son tried so different medication regarding

for many years my son tried so different medication regarding voices in his head is there a hope that one day he will completly get rid of voices from his head and be normal
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
Your son is normal for him. No he isn't going to be normal as in other people. His brain is not wired that way but you have to accept his normal because that is reality. If he doesn't accept this as his fate then he will compare himself to others. We all have our crosses to bear so unfortunately this is his. Life with medication can be normal. If you accept it, adjust your life around it, and live with that reality. There are worse crosses than a mental health issue. As hard as it is to watch at times he is not going to be symptoms free but he can be experiencing these in a "normal" life. When he accepts and finds a positive medication regimen then he may not struggle. I am sorry but we have the mindset that we are destined to have and nothing will change that