Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

Ive been laid off now( for the first time) and its been three

Customer Question

I've been laid off now( for the first time) and it's been three moths now. I've never got help at all in the past even though all my freind and co workwers have always suggest it to me. I just try to deal the best I can . I can be very happy one moment and then realy sad the next. lets not even get ino my mother except for the fact she's bipolo and so is me eldest sister, but so far I could always hide or pretend that I'm normal,but now I don't want to do any-thing. I just feel so down. for example I don't leave the house unless apsolutly nessesary. Even then my hearts in my throght. I used to tell stories that happened to me and laugh. I don't tell them any-mre I just think about them and cry....oh and crying for no reason is a hobby of mine.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.

Hello Madam,

I can understand your situation and what you must be going through currently. Your symptoms are some what suggestive of depression. You also have a positive family psychiatric history therefore I would suggest you to consult your GP / Psychiatrist who will screen you for the presence of depression.

I would also suggest you to go through the link given below to find out more about symptoms of depression and type of treatment options available to you.

What does it feel like?

Best wishes,

Vikas

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated