Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

Hi there,my partner has said for a while that i am a narcissist

Customer Question

Hi there,my partner has said for a while that i am a narcissist and i have been looking it up on-line and i think he might be correct
Are there any free on line personality tests that i can do to find out if i am and if so how am i best to go about trying to change my behavior ? Are there any books you could recommend or treatments that are available
I have two children and am pregnant with my third and i am concerned that these traits will affect my children too
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

The two main traits in narcissistic personality disorder are lack of empathy and grandiose sense of self importance. These ought to have been present through out your life and not only on certain occasions. It is generally a good idea to have the personalty test administered by someone experienced in it although you can use online formats to complete the questionnaire.

CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) is one of the modalities used to help an individual manage their symptoms as there is no cure per se for personality disorders.

Malignant Self-Love: Narcissism Revisited
Sam Vaknin