Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

I have been given Zoloft to replace Cymbalta

Customer Question

I have been given Zoloft to replace Cymbalta as it had become ineffective. I can't stand not being on anything and I am only on day 1 of not taking anything. How long can I wait to start trying Zoloft?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.

Hello Madam,

When switching over from Cymbalta to Zoloft the usual strategy is to withdraw the Cymbalta and wait for one week after which Zoloft can be started and probably your doctor is also following the same strategy.

You can try some relaxation technique in the mean while if they are helpful for you.

Relaxation techniques

Best wishes,

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated