Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

A co employee of mine was brutally murdered last weekend and it was all the talk at the of

Customer Question

A co employee of mine was brutally murdered last weekend and it was all the talk at the office. I've made plans to go to his wake today but last night, I was so paranoid and was having uncontrollable morbid thoughts. My husband was so alarmed because one time we were snuggling and the next time I became completely still. I didn't tell him that the thought which entered my mind was that burglars will break open our room to kill us and steal our car and jewelries. How do I cope up with these sudden paranoia?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am so ...ooo very sorry to hear about this devastating event. My goodness, no wonder you are having all these frightening thoughts. It's scarey!!! Very scarey!!!!!!! Let me ask you a question. Is your place of work doing anything for all the fellow workers --- like having a professional person come out and talk to his fellow employees? Usually this is done as a way of helping people deal with this shocking event. It gives people an opportunity to deal with their feelings about this. If this hasn't been done and you find that by just talking with your co-employees and your husband and family and friends doesn't help to calm you down it would help a great deal to have a professional person help you deal with your grief and fear.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Don't worry about your thoughts. You are not crazy. It is normal to have frightening thoughts and feelings after such a devastating event.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You there?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi

Customer:

Hi. yes, I'm here.

Customer:

I'm just concerned because ive been having uncontrollable morbid thoughts for such a long time now.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I don't think you need to worry. It is normal for some people to go into shock about something like this. If it goes on for too long then it would be a good idea to talk to a therapist to help you through this.

Customer:

it's especially heightened now because of the brutal death of that co employee

Customer:

no, there's no help here from our employer. but my husband is really helping me get over this.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

So, are you saying that these thoughts happened before the brutal death of the employee?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

That's nice that you have an understanding husband.

Customer:

yes. ive been having morbid thoughts about loved ones for a very long time

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Since you have been having morbid thoughts for a long time then I would strongly suggest that you get help because this death has just exaccerbated the thoughts.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Where in the Philipines do you live?

Customer:

in Manila.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

What zip code? Would you like me to find someone for you?

Customer:

no, its ok, i thought you might personally know someone. you're the first expert I've talked to so far.

Customer:

please.

Customer:

do you know someone /can you recommend someone to help me?

Customer:

ill try to get help from therapist soon.

Customer:

thanks for your help.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Let me ask one of my colleagues who might know someone. What is your zip code?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Do you want me to ask her?

Customer:

1119

Customer:

sure.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Until you find someone then keep talking to family. I am going to check with my colleague. I'll be back soon.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Just heard back from my colleague. This is the name she gave me:

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Dr. Angelo Subido

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You will need to look up his address and telephone number.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your questions, please click on ACCEPT and leave feedback. Bonuses are always appreciated. You can always ask more questions after you have clicked on Accept.Simply Reply To: XXXXX XXXXX Schaye

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You there?

Customer:

Yes. Im here. Thanks so much

Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience: PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy