Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

I was diagnosed by a psychologist (for SSDI) to have generalized

I was diagnosed by a psychologist (for SSDI) to have generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder, over a year ago. Have not been given any meds, or therapy. My aggression is much worse, as is my isolation and severe memory problems. They found several 'white areas' in several regions of my brain. Some Drs thought it might be MS Neurologist thought it was strokes b/c I smoke...anyway what would be your treatment of choice for my condition? I lost my insurance with my job, and cant afford dozens more tests, omly to tell me nothing. My age is 48, I smoke, dont drink, eat healthy, dont exercise, but do serious lawn and gardening.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

It would be dangerous to treat without having clear definition between the neurological and psychiatric issues, so please be careful and at least talkto neurologist. The treatment of choice for your condition is any of the SSRI medications -Lexapro, Celexa area couple. Celexa may be lower cost as it has been around a while. Walmart often has low cost drug programs and sometimes manufaturers will help with cost.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Also, you should apply for Medicare or one of high risk pool insurances available under new health care act. (sorry, I don't know how - you state insurance comissioners office will, just call)