Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

Hi. Im a finnish woman diagnosed for schizofrenia 2006. My

Hi. I'm a finnish woman diagnosed for schizofrenia 2006. My family and I think that I'm rather suffering of asperger's syndrome. what to do if my psychiatrist doesn't want to send a referral to find out wether it's true or not? the other psychiatrists have told me that they can't do anything without my psychiatrist's permission.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 5 years ago.

Ralph LMHC :

I don't know the laws in Finland, but in the US most plans even government run ones allow for a second opionion, which I would urgently suggest you follow up upon.

Ralph LMHC :

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC :

Ralph LMHC

Ralph LMHC :

Please feel free to contact and tell me when we could follow this up.

Ralph LMHC :

Again sincerely,

Ralph LMHC :

Ralph LMHC

Customer:

So I don't know what to do next because the law in finland allows a second opinion but I don't get any help for this from my psychiatrist

Ralph LMHC :

If you attend a clinic ask to speak to the clinic director and request another psychiatrist. If that doesn't work speak to the local politician either on the city or state level and ask for help. This link will help you to get mental health first aid in Finland. www.mielenterveysseura.fi/en/
I hope that will help. If you find this answer useful please press the accept button so I can be compensated. If you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Ralph LMHC :

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC :

Ralph LMHC

Ralph LMHC :

You might also try contacting this individual for advice. Ms Merja Lyytikäinen.