AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.

I have put my 83 year old friend in nursingg home and dont

I have put my 83 year old friend in nursingg home and don't know if I mentally can handle the stress
She has been operated of a hernia and is in pain since 6 weeks so far
She has macular degeneration only see periperally
She has been in wheelchair for 4 years
I have promise her desisted husband to take care of her
She of course would love to come back home but has been declared dependant on care
I am stressed a lot over it she has no family in the state
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 2 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer. Let's see If I can help you out here.....

AgapeDoc :

I have read you post a couple of times and I am so sorry you are in this most challenging position.

AgapeDoc :

It is exceedingly difficult to bear this responsibility, and it seems that you are such a compassionate person. Furthermore, it seems that you have taken your promise to your friend very seriously to say the least and it is hard to watch someone we love suffer so.....

AgapeDoc :

I can tell you that you are not alone. Many folks struggle with situations such as this. Our life span is getting longer thanks to modern medicine, but unfortunately modern medicine doesn't always give us good quality of life.

AgapeDoc :

Before I go further let me tell you that it is my goal to answer your question and exceed your expectations. I want to make sure that I do my best, XXXXX XXXXX waste your time. I wonder if you could tell me the specific question you would like me to address? I know this is a difficult time, so I want to help as much as I can.

Customer:

the nursing home is called waldenberg and is very nice so the question is not the quality of care and the help

Customer:

my problem is the friends she had over the year think she can get back home with somenone to see her from medicare and medicaid and hopefully she would be happy again

Customer:

my feeling is she would need constant care fron an agency and the care would not be comparable i eventually think she sould get used to the envirement but in meantime i have to hide the fact she might never will go home i feel everyone is waiting on best a answer from me so far she is in pain still so she doesn't say too much yet i have someone to sty with her few days a week whom i pay and i am trying to get someone french to spend sometimes with her (they were both french)

Customer:

i have been crying a lot and my husband is fed up although isunderstanding of the situation and of course i go to the nursing facility every day missing a day a week maybe i have also dreamt i was drawning (survived the katrina whilel the roof flew off our house0) i am french also beenin states 43 years

Customer:

hope u can give me a word of wisdom i swim my misery away right now it works a little bit try to avoid xanax

AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience: Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.