Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

I am taking lexapro 10 mg at night. I take it with a little

I am taking lexapro 10 mg at night. I take it with a little food but I still have adbdominal pain for about one half hour. Do i need to be concerned about this and do you have any recommendations?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Nausea and indigestion are common side effects of Lexapro. Not harmful. You can experiment with food/no food and see if it makes a difference. Taking with plenty of fluids should help (not grapefruit juice). Water is best, XXXXX XXXXX a large glass. If it doesn't make you drowsy, you can also vary the time of day you take it. It doesn't really matter what time you take it, unless it does make you sleepy. The side effects usually disappear after 10-14 days, but often dosage is increased to 20mg after that time and you may get a few days of side effects after increase. Sometimes it is effective at 10mg. More often it needs 20mg. Thanks for asking for me.