mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

.I am retired & have Medicare. Will this cover services.

Customer Question

.I am retired & have Medicare. Will this cover services. I have no other insurance.I've dealt with depression most of my life& am currently on meds,venlafaxine 300 mg/day. I benefit greatly from therapy.Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Good morning and welcome to Just Answer. I want to thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a couple of further questions in order to ensure that I offer you a complete ans thorough response. First, do you have both Medicare parts A and B? Second, do you have a prescription plan through Medicare as well or any type of supplemental prescription plan?

Thank you again for the chance to help you and I look forward to your response in order to help you better.
Hello again. You accepted the answer without my giving you a final answer so will try and do so with the information you've already provided. Medicare part B covers outpatient visits for therapy and to see a psychiatrist for medication management. You can find providers who accept Medicare in your area by calling customer service on the back of your card and they'll be able to direct you further and give you referrals for affiliated providers. Medicare prescription covers most generic medications and if you don't have that I would strongly suggest asking about when speaking to a customer service representative when you call for a referral.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I want to be certain that you're satisfied with the answer I've provided you. Thank you again for the chance to help you this morning.