TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

what happens if you drink with the antidepressant leaxpro and

what happens if you drink with the antidepressant leaxpro and with the high blood pressure medicine lisinopril hctz

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

If you use alcohol with Lexapro you will increase the side effect of drowsiness. Since every person is different in their body chemistry, then how someone specifically will react is difficult to tell. If you are sensitive to medication, then the side effects will be strong. Add alcohol to that and you may experience an increase in the drowsy effect.

Lisinopril HCTZ and alcohol combined causes hypo tension which is a very low blood pressure. You may want to check with your doctor about further information about how it would affect you specifically.

I hope this has helped,

Kate