TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

i am looking for a Psychiatrist online, who can prescribe,

i am looking for a Psychiatrist online, who can prescribe, refill, and help with maintence of my long term depression, and panic disorder. since 1995. am currently seeing M.D. for other health problems, but they, don't really want to handle the long term depression/anxiety medications, i am currently on. Is this site available to help me with this issue? i am currently on medicare/medicaid, disabled. i am looking for a psychiatrist long term.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
No one can prescribe meds for people they don't see. Sorry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i understand that. but the nearest place of psychiatric places are over 1 1/2hrs away. i have limited mobility, and currently, do not care for the only provider of mental health services in my area. was wondering if there are any Dr.'s that do provide online services, via tele-med, or webcam, etc. if there is such a service?
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

It is unethical to prescribe medications on line. You could consult with a psychiatrist here on Just Answer or another site. They can help answer your questions but they cannot prescribe.

What you could do is consult with a psychiatrist on line then based on the doctor's recommendations, see your regular doctor to prescribe the medications you need. Your regular doctor could do the exam needed and monitor your medications. It is not the best choice, but it would give you an option.

There are also regular mental health therapists that will talk with you on line. We can do that here on Just Answer or you can search for on line therapists through a search engine.

I hope this has helped,
Kate

TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.